Haunted Mansion is an upcoming American supernatural horror comedy film directed by Justin Simien and starring Rosario Dawson, Tiffany Haddish, Lakeith Stanfield, Owen Wilson, and Danny DeVito, based on a script by Katie Dippold.
The plot of the Movie
A single mother and her son move into a historic home in New Orleans and learn about its lengthy history of hauntings, collaborating with a variety of personalities to solve the riddle.
Gabbie, a single mother with a 9-year-old boy, moves into a surprisingly priced home in New Orleans, hoping to start a new life, only to learn that the place is much more than they bargained for.
They turn to a priest for assistance, who enlists the help of a widower scientist-turned-failed-paranormal expert, a French Quarter psychic, and a crotchety historian to exorcise the home.
Production Details of Haunted Mansion
After it was judged that del Toro’s script was too terrifying for family audiences, Katie Dippold joined on to create a new screenplay for the picture in August 2020. Producers Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich were hired.
The film will be a cooperative venture between Walt Disney Pictures and Rideback Entertainment. Justin Simien began early negotiations to make the picture in April 2021, and he was formally confirmed as director in July 2021.
On August 28, 2020, the project was revealed, with a story by Katie Dippold and director Justin Simien taking over in April 2021. This project came after the long-awaited Guillermo del Toro adaptation languished in development hell for years.
• Gracey, William, and his wife – A affluent Creole couple in their early 30s are reimagined.
• The sailor: An aged, worn sailor from the nineteenth century. On the surface, he appears stern, but he has a captivating grin and an underlying kindness.
• The Butler says: Another older gentleman from the Victorian era who works as a butler for an affluent home. He’s regarded as being frail and having hollow eyes.
• The Groom: A 30-year-old Victorian woman who has a reputation for killing her husbands on several occasions. (Alright, five times…)
• Ghosts in Conflict: A male ghost from the nineteenth century who takes part in a duel is pretty self-explanatory.
The age range for this one is very broad, with potential casting ranging from the 30s to the 60s. The figures from the four Stretching Room portraits will also have small speaking roles as motion-captured “Talking Painting” ghosts, according to the ghost casting call.
On March 10, 2023, a film adaptation of the attraction, Haunted Mansion, will be released.