Three people were killed and four others were injured by a shooter at a mall in Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.Two 17yearolds from Denmark and a Russian man in his forties are the victims. Two Swedes, one of whom is still critically ill, and two Danes were injured.
There is no evidence of a terrorist motive, according to the police, who stated the 22yearold alleged shooter had mental health concerns.On Monday, a court will interview the suspect, who the police identified as “an ethnic Dane.”According to Denmark’s prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, there had been a terrible attack.
She stated that she wants to inspire Danes to unite and support one another during this trying time. She said, “Our lovely and typically so safe capital was changed in a split second.”As Denmark celebrated hosting the first three stages of the Tour de France for the first time, a fatal mall attack occurred.
When he was taken into custody, the suspect possessed a rifle and ammo, according to the police.They asked shop owners to save whatever video security footage they may have because they have no evidence of additional assailants.More than 140 stores and eateries may be found at Field’s.
The multi-story shopping centre is located next to a subway line that connects to the city centre on the outskirts of Copenhagen. Shoppers reportedly panicked as shots rang out, according to eyewitnesses. Isabelle, one of them, reportedly told Danish media: “Suddenly, we hear gunfire.
We flee through the mall and eventually end up in a restroom, where we huddle together in a small restroom with about 11 other people after hearing what I believe to be ten shots. We wait in the sweltering heat and are really anxious. It has been an awful experience.Harry Styles’ performance at a venue less than a mile away from the incident was postponed.
When the show’s cancellation was announced, crowds were already gathering inside the arena. Police took fans, many of whom were in their teens, to subterranean stations where their parents picked them up, according to Danish media.Hans Christian Stolz, a 53yearold Swede who arrived to pick up his children, told AFP that “my daughters were scheduled to go see Harry Styles.”
“They were in a restaurant when it happened, and they contacted me to report someone was firing.”His daughter Cassandra recalled, “At first we believed they were running because they had spotted Harry Styles, then we realised it was people in terror… For our lives, we fled. “My colleagues and I offer prayers for everyone engaged in the incident in the mall in Copenhagen.
On Snapchat, Styles commented, “I am surprised. “Love H.” The reception that Crown Prince Frederik had planned to honor hosting the first three stages of the Tour de France had been postponed, the Danish royal family announced shortly after the shooting.A number of local authorities expressed sorrow at the shooting and sent their condolences to the impacted families.
Sanna Marin, the prime minister of Finland, denounced the “terrible act of violence,” while Jonas Gahr Store, the leader of Norway, expressed his “thoughts go to the victims and their families as well as to the relief personnel who are presently striving to save lives.”
Denmark last had a significant terror incident in 2015, when an attack on a synagogue and a cultural center in Copenhagen resulted in the deaths of two persons and the injury of six police officers.Later, during a shootout with police, the shooter was dead.The nation has some of the strictest gun laws in all of Europe.
Licenses to possess firearms are typically only available for hunting or sport shooting after background checks, and automatic weapons are virtually outlawed. Handgun possession in public is strictly prohibited.
To know More Updates Please Follow and Subscribe to Our Channel:-