HomeEntertainmentChina Declines Huawei and ZTE Ban Move in Canada, Terminating the Security...

China Declines Huawei and ZTE Ban Move in Canada, Terminating the Security risks as Groundless without any Solid Evidence

China Says Huawei and ZTE have not banned Canada On Thursday, Canada took a long-awaited step in the same direction as the US and other major allies, and it comes after a diplomatic spat between Ottawa and Beijing over the detention of a top Huawei official on a US warrant, which has since been resolved.

Giving Chinese tech companies access to telecommunications infrastructure that may be exploited for state espionage has raised security concerns in the United States.

Highlights 

• The US has expressed concern about the security implications.
• The claims have been denied by both Huawei and Beijing.
• Beijing would take all necessary steps to safeguard Chinese businesses.
On Friday, Beijing slammed Canada for barring telecoms giants Huawei and ZTE from Canadian 5G networks, calling Ottawa’s security fears “baseless” and threatening retaliation.

The Claims Have Been Denied by both China And Huawei

China
In reaction to the 5G ban, foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin told reporters, “China is firmly opposed to this and will conduct a comprehensive and serious review.”

“Under the guise of unfounded security fears and without any substantial evidence, the Canadian side has barred these Chinese enterprises from the Canadian market.” Beijing would “take all necessary measures” to protect Chinese businesses, he stressed.

He accused the Canadian government of “seriously harming the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese enterprises,” saying, “This move goes opposed to market economy principles and free trade regulations.” For several years, Canada had been examining 5G technology and network access, continuously delaying a decision that had been scheduled for 2019.

It remained silent on the problem of the telecom until China imprisoned two Canadians, diplomat Michael Kovrig and businessman Michael Spavor, in retribution for Huawei CFO Meng Wangzhou’s arrest in Vancouver in December 2018 at the behest of the US.

After Reaching an Agreement with us Prosecutors on the Fraud Chagees, all Three were Released in September 2021, Putting an end to Men’s Extradition Battle.

On Thursday, however, Canadian Industry Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne announced 5G, claiming the “intention to prevent the inclusion of Huawei and ZTE goods and services in Canada’s telecommunication systems.”

“It will not be acceptable for Canadian telecommunications corporations to include in their networks items or services that endanger our national security,” Champagne stated. “Providers who currently have this technology installed must stop using it and remove it,” he said.

Also Read: Canada To Ban China Huawei And Zte From Its 5G Networks: Latest Updates!!!

Sambhrama S
Sambhrama Shttps://premierenext.com/
My name is Sambhrama S, from Shimoga, Karnataka. I'm studying in MSC Biochemistry at Mysore University Mysore. I am interested in reading books, listening music, painting. I am also passionate to write good content on various day to day issues.
RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments

%d bloggers like this: